Monday, February 9, 2009

Daily Grind

Canberra is really cool today...After the weather of the past days, its good to "not" see the sun. Robin's off to work and me looking for jobs...trawling internet job sites has become my hobby.

Today I have planned to complete the watercolor I have been at for weeks !! Fingers crossed...Well it was really too hot to paint the last couple of days...Sitting at home has allowed me to dabble into a lot of stuff..I started painting again and ofcourse how can I forget the cooking.

Kerala cuisine has always interested me, but when I was a swinging single, I could never be bothered with it. Too much of grinding, scraping of coconuts, countless spices!!Naah not for the faint hearted :)..(Instant noodles was more my style) But now with lots of time on my hands, I have tentatively stepped into unchartered territory...Blogger Remya of http://spicesnflavours.blogspot.com/ is a godsend. Her blog is the first to turn up on any google search for malayali cuisine. I have tried out a lot of her recipes and they turned out well too. Heh considering that Robin has to compliment all the dishes I make, I can't say he is a good judge :). I plan to make mambaza pulisery today!!!aha kitchen here I come....

No comments: